Monday, June 17, 2013

As I wait....

Never bargain with God. When you start to trade your deeds for His, He will always get His heart broke. Don't speak vain prayers. Don't even utter them. Mean what you say, because He will always take you at your word. He always lives up to His end of the deal. 

Those are words I should have said to myself three months ago.....even a year ago. My husband and I were empty. Clueless. Stunned. Broken.

Empty.

We questioned God, and we were totally out of line. For years, He has proven Himself to us over and over and over again. Every piece of our particular story has been penned by Him. He has placed us, removed us, broken us, provided for us, loved us, forgiven us, blessed us, HEARD US. Brought us back to Him when we had wondered astray. When David wrote "the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want" we think he had us in his clear view. We are the poster couple for that verse. We have mental memorials to remind us of His faithfulness. His timing. His people. His provision. His love.

So, when we prayed and decided to let Him have His way, He has simply wowed us again. I hope that I never grow tired of His Hand. That I never forget where we started and where we are headed. Even when we tend to lose our way, He has held steady. Even on the straight and narrow, there are still small places to stop and hide. I, however, have never been out of His sight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment