Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Everybody's workin' for the weekend.....

To most, it's no secret that this coming weekend is a big deal for our family. It's a life-changing, life-moving deal. We knew that God would be faithful if we just let go of our grip to our surroundings. To all we've ever known. All we've been accustomed to is the daily grind, somewhat being in a ministry role, but having obligations to secular jobs that completely determined when we came and when we went. 

But this new step.....this is freedom...

I'm excited for this weekend, diving head first into some good works that He has began. I'll be honest. When we handed God the reigns a few months ago, I had no clue how He would use us again. And not that I'm ready to take the reigns back by any means, but this door that He has opened....wow. The picture that He has painted...it's overwhelmingly good. Above and beyond what we dreamed. 
I would have never picked this for myself. His vision is so much greater than ours. I am nervous. I am reminded of how unworthy I am. And as wonderful and smooth as it all has been thus far, the enemy still renders me with such anxiety. The unknowns..

It's hard to sleep at night. Until He takes the unknowns and rests them on His shoulders. When He takes my anxieties and soothes my soul. Man, I don't deserve His love and faithfulness, His loving-kindness. 

But He is my strength when I am weak, 
He is the treasure that I seek.
He is my All in All

No comments:

Post a Comment