Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sweet Holy Spirit

Man, I had a day....just a beautiful day of worship and fellowship and sunshine. I had a day.

We were asked to sing at our dear friends' church this morning. Over the weekend, my husband surprised me by telling them that we would do one song and it would be led by me. For all of my friends/followers, you have read previously what a huge deal singing has turned into for me. But as we practiced, I found myself excited, actually, to sing these words about God, to God, in front of people, with other people.
Saturday, I couldn't sleep. I just knew Sunday worship would be great. And then Sunday morning, I overslept about 30 minutes longer than I wanted. My daughter just would not cooperate with her Sunday best. We drove, for what seemed like forever, and the anxiety just built up.
We get to church. I put my game face on. As we practiced, Satan snuck in. "The music is too loud. You are incredibly flat. Did you know you screamed most of that song? There's no way God will be pleased with this. Could you at least put the words on the screen so you don't look like a raging lunatic!?"
That was the beginning to my worship experience today....and you guess it, I was completely overwhelmed. I mean, he was right. There was no way that I could give anything to God that was good enough, even if I gave it my all.
Offering was taken, we made our way to the front. And as I stood there listening to a man ask for God's will and provision over their finances and church, I was swept away. Literally, the Holy Spirit almost knocked me off my feet. Tears welled up in my eyes. I cannot give anything to Him, except me....He can have me. He can have my voice, He can control my voice. It's all His.

And His Spirit flowed out of me. I don't even remember hearing my own voice. There's no way, I was too emotional before I even walked up to the stage...

So many days, I base my status on feelings. I had been pleading with God to let me feel something....anything, just so I know I'm still useful. Most days I feel heartache. But not today.

Today, He filled me up. Today, my cup ran over. Today, I felt like I was being romanced all over again, by the One who loves my soul... I truly had a day.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you are being used and being drawn closer to our Lord. You have a great gift.

    ReplyDelete