Friday, April 26, 2013

Friend

I stumbled across a challenge a few weeks ago. A fellow blogger creates a subject and asks that we write for five minutes, no corrections, so thinking it through, just simply write/type for only five minutes for whatever gets laid upon your heart. Most of the time, I accept the challenge but only write in a journal. Today seemed safe enough, so you get to see a small glimpse of a healing heart.

Today's prompt.....FRIEND....

A friend loves at all times....and that's what she did.
She raised her best friends. She had this amazing ability to be a mother, a friend, a mentor...all under one hat. She could correct one minute and laugh the next. She was an encourager and the strongest battle companion.
And then she just disappeared.


She can never be replaced. I guess people who have all those qualities in one little, mortal body just aren't meant to be here forever. Honestly, if you have someone like that, it becomes easy to replace this friend named Christ.

But as the past months have rolled around, I have come across friends that have all those qualities. Just not in one body. I have a friend who is a good mother figure. I have some amazing mentors. I have a friend who isn't afraid to correct, even if it takes me getting upset with her. I have one who can make me laugh ALL.DAY.LONG. I have an encourager. I have a battle partner.

And mostly importantly, I have Jesus. I have had the opportunity to see how valuable His friendship really is.

And now, I get to raise my best friends with my hot, hubby friend :). Let the good times roll.



Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. That was wonderful, Emily; today was my first day of Posting on my blog, also, for this 5 Minute Challenge thing. It's a good one, I think. So important for many reasons.
    I am actually going through the same process that you are: healing from loss. It's so hard.
    {hugs} to you, my fellow blogger, and thank you for your nice Post today. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to lose a friend. I pray that God continues to encourage your heart. Your little ones are so cute! Stopped over from the Five Minute Friday. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you lost your friend, bless you.

    ReplyDelete